Applying for a community or small grant is a good way to source funds to fix that issue in your area that makes it harder to walk to and from places. Here are some grants and information that may help you secure some funding for your community:
- Tasmanian Active Infrastructure Grants Program: provides grants to the sport and active recreation sector to build new, and upgrade existing, sport and active recreation infrastructure.
- Small Grants Stream includes grants of $25,000 to $70,000: Closes 2pm 25th September 2023
- Large Grants Stream includes grants of $70,001 to $500,000: Closes 2pm 13th November 2023
- Step Forward Grants Program: Department of Health grants are up to $5,000 for a wide range of activities and equipment that support health and wellbeing
Applications open on 1 July 2023 and will close when the funding pool is used up. The next review panel meeting is in late August. Make sure you submit your application before 18 August 2023 to be considered in the next batch of assessments.
- The Open Spaces Grants Program: Closes Friday 29th September 2023
The Tasmanian Government and Local Government Association of Tasmania has grants for councils between $100,000 and $400,000.
- Better Active Transport Grant Programs: As part of this Department of State Growth funding, two grant programs have been developed, including a state-wide program and one for Greater Hobart, specifically Hobart City Deal local government partners, to assist local governments to deliver active transport solutions. Grant Round 2 will open in November 2023.
- The Tasmanian Government Department of Health has a range of statewide community health and wellbeing grants that could be used to improve walking and moving in your area. This webpage is often updated, so please check back regularly.
- The Tasmanian Government Department of State Growth has grants for community projects to improve road safety.
- Another place to look is the website of the Tasmanian Community Fund.
Some other lutruwita/Tasmanian small grants that you could apply for are:
The Department of Premier and Cabinet has a ‘Grant Alerts’ notification system.
Go to the webpage to subscribe.
Information and help on how to write and apply for grants can be found on these pages: