Here are some examples of people advocating for improving walking and moving in their communities to give you ideas for the area where you live:
- This is a video by Debra Lie (2023) of children from a small rural coastal town in lutruwita/Tasmania advocating for improved walking and cycling safety. For more information on what this town is doing to improve walkability have a look at their website.
- The Heart Foundation has a ‘Healthy Active by Design Guide’ with a section about good walking and moving design features to add to towns.
- The Baw Baw Shire Council in Victoria, Australia has a community advocacy toolkit PDF that can be downloaded at the bottom of the council’s website under the heading ‘How you can help your Council with advocacy’.
- The organisation 30 Please advocates for reducing road speeds to make walking and moving around safer.
- CWANZ–Cycling and Walking Australia and New Zealand has a collection of lutruwita/Tasmanian reports and walking projects information that may provide a background to your advocacy work.